Dating a Scottish Woman – Top Places to Meet Scottish Girls
Scotland is a country known for its great natural spaces, its whisky, and its rainy weather. But despite the walks in the beautiful landscapes or the whisky tastings, you will surely meet Scottish women. In this Scottish woman’s opinion, we will see together how to succeed in flirting with a Scottish girl.
Indeed, with the cultural difference being present, there are new traps to avoid. When you flirt with beautiful Scottish women, there are different codes and expectations on both sides.
The Character of Scottish Women
The Scottish female mentality is relatively similar to that of other Anglo-Saxon countries. Scotsmen are sociable, smiling, and generally open-minded. Pretty Scottish women are generally very independent. It will certainly be difficult to impress them.
Scots are generally very punctual and do not like it when you arrive late (especially on a date). They like to plan their days in all areas (leisure, feelings…). In Scotland, people are generally good eaters, that is to say, they like to eat and drink well. This aspect of the culture is very important. If you want to seduce a Scottish woman, you will have to go through this.
As far as dating is concerned, we can say that it is 50/50 in the sense that women often make the first move. Beautiful women from Scotland are less “stuck up” than in Latin countries. Since men are generally shy, they are used to taking the lead.
Pleasant Scottish Girls
If you’ve ever chatted with a Scottish bride, you’ve probably noticed how enjoyable it is to converse with her. These girls have a remarkable ability to speak with anyone on any subject easily and naturally. This quality of your average Scottish woman ensures that you will never be tired, even for a moment. She’ll never run out of suggestions for things you should do jointly. You’ll know you’ve picked the ideal companion when you see your single Scottish woman in the limelight in front of your colleagues or workplace.
Scottish wives are known for being calm, level-headed, and sensible. After a long day, all a man wants is his gorgeous wife’s welcoming smile and her hugs. Beautiful women of Scotland are kind and caring disposition is evident at all times and in all places. The male, on the other hand, is not an authoritative figure but rather a companion for such a lady. A typical Scottish woman is capable of providing dependable support and aid to their husband in any situation. They expect to be cherished and valued in return. Women of all ages in Scotland are refined, elegant, and seductive. When she was younger, almost every girl fantasize about owning her own stable or farm. These infants almost always have pets, look after them, and spend a lot of time with them.
Finally Being Able to Date a Scottish Girl
Once you’ve taken the first step and everything has gone well, you’ll be able to date Scottish girls. You will notice that some of them will be a little different compared to Europe.
As said before, Scots generally like to plan everything. So you will have to learn to organize your time. Many people also say that people in Scotland are less uptight than in Europe. This can also be felt in intimate relationships, a beautiful Scottish woman is much more willing to try new things.
If you are not used to chivalry, you will have to get used to it because sexy Scottish women like chivalrous men a lot. You will have to carry her bags, open the door for her, etc.
The Hobbies of Scottish Women
A Scottish girl has generally the same passions and hobbies as anywhere else. Hot Scottish girls are generally financially independent which will allow you to do many things.
For example, you can go for a walk and visit the beautiful landscapes of the country. Otherwise, if you don’t have the adventurous side, you can also go for a walk in the city like along the Dean (if you are in Edinburgh). As another option, you can also attend a rugby match, a sport that is very popular there.
If all this is still too much for you, you can go to a restaurant or a pub. Don’t forget that eating and drinking are part of the tradition.
Things to Avoid When Dating a Scottish Girl
When dating a Scottish woman, you will have to avoid certain things. Indeed, some things that are logical in Europe are not necessarily logical in Scotland.
If you have an appointment with a Scottish girl, do not arrive late. This will be very badly seen and you risk losing points from the start. As mentioned above, women of Scotland like chivalry from men. So force yourself to be, they will appreciate it.
In Scotland, gender equality is a reality so if you are macho you will have very little success. So avoid heavy flirting phrases, there is very little chance that it will work.
Marrying Scottish Women
After spending a long time in Scotland, some people will want to take the next step in their relationship with a Scottish woman: marriage. However, there are many things about traditional Scottish marriage.
There are many lucky superstitions: the bride-to-be must leave her house first with her right foot to go to the ceremony, in some areas a 6 pence coin must be put in the bride’s shoe, in others a sprig of heather must be placed in the bride’s bouquet, in some places it is considered customary to wash the groom’s feet, etc.
In terms of dress, local women wear a white dress as in all weddings and the men usually wear a kilt. In terms of gifts, the bride gives the “wedding sark” which is the name of the traditional shirt worn by the groom on the wedding day. The groom gives the wedding dress.
Meeting Scottish Women in Real Life
If you are just settling in or if you are in Scotland for a short period, the best places to go are pubs and clubs. Indeed, since alcohol is flowing in abundance, it will be easy to make contact with people and therefore with girls. Almost a third of couples in the UK met in a pub. Try to avoid the touristy pubs and clubs, you will lose your “exotic” side.
If you are not a party person and wish to dating Scottish women you can go to expat meetings, approach them in the street, etc.
Women in Scotland are open-minded and very sociable, so you should have no problems meeting them. If you are shy, there is another option which we will see in the next point.
Finding Scottish Girls Online
Let’s face it, the vast majority of people who arrive in a new country check their dating apps and sites directly. Indeed, you don’t know anyone and this can help you meet people (even for the shyest). There are now sites specialized in dating for each country.
If you want to meet Scottish girls, the best site is probably Badoo. You will find a multitude of beautiful and interesting women. You will be able to avoid the pitfalls and better understand the cultural differences and thus increase your chances of success.
How to Flirt With a Scottish Girl?
Dating in Scotland can be tricky for foreigners who are unfamiliar with Scottish dating culture. It is said that Scots do not date traditionally. They tend to skip the flirting phase and be very direct about their feelings. Of course, when it comes to romance, everyone is different, but these tips can be very helpful for expats. Here is a list of tips for seducing a Scottish woman.
- Alcohol is your friend. Your chances of scoring a date are high if you suggest meeting in a bar. Scots are the most sociable in bars. While Scots are generally not very talkative with strangers, they start to relax after their third beer. Also, many Scottish bars have long wooden tables that can be shared by several groups of friends, so grab one and start a conversation;
- Girls make the first move. In many countries, there is a “flirting pattern”: men make eye contact with women, approach them, start a conversation and ask for their phone number. Then they take them on a date. This is not the case in Scotland. It is common for single Scottish ladies to make the first move, a custom that could be attributed to the fact that Scottish society was built on an egalitarian model – everyone is considered equal;
- A fancy dinner won’t impress. Inviting someone to dinner on the first night is quite common in other cultures, but the Scots don’t appreciate it much. There is a risk of being stuck on a table for hours with long awkward silences and an expensive bill at the end. Try to be more creative;
- Don’t overdress. Scots are stylish, but they rarely wear fancy clothes – they know best how to combine comfort and style. A fashionable outfit will certainly be appreciated, but keep in mind that you shouldn’t overdo it, or you might feel very uncomfortable;
- Learn to be direct. While the previous “rule” should have sufficed, we thought we should make it clear: Scots appreciate directness. So feel free to skip the standard phrases (“you have the most beautiful eyes/hair/face/lips I’ve ever seen”) you might usually use before asking someone out. If you make it through the date, you’ll have plenty of time to express what attracted you in the first place. But remember: being direct doesn’t mean being rude. Make sure you’ve learned the difference before looking for sexy Scottish women;
- Create a network account. Scots don’t like to talk to strangers: you’re more likely to succeed if you know the person through work or if they’re a friend of a friend (although we understand that making Scottish friends is quite a courtship in itself). Although Scots are comfortable with one-night stands with people they don’t know well, it is more difficult to find a date. However, as mentioned before, it will always depend on the person.
For more detailed take a look at this video on how to date Scottish women:
Conclusion About Scottish Women
Now you know the basics of how to date attractive Scottish women. We hope that this article has allowed you to know more about dating in Scotland. The cultural aspect should not bother you too much. Overall, you should be able to have many conquests.
We wish you good luck with your trip to this beautiful country. To prepare for your trip and to have contacts before your arrival, don’t forget to register on the International Cupid website.
Frequently Asked Questions About Scottish Women
Are Scottish Ladies Different from Other Girls?
Scottish women have a certain enthusiasm for life that sets them apart from the rest of the world's females. It connotes a contentious blend of natural gentleness and inner strength that characterizes every Scottish woman's look and personality. They are really helpful. Your Scottish fiancée will be there to help you relax and offer you as much encouragement as you require if you are anxious or have gotten a bit ahead of yourself.
Are Scottish Females Faithful?
It would be a mistake to believe that the bulk of Scotland's female demographic is feminist. To this day, this country has resisted the feminist craze. Male supremacy customs have ruled in Scotland for generations, and protest movements like feminism are powerless to overturn them. Young Scottish ladies grow up in traditional Scottish homes, where women respect males and men look after their entire family.